Sunday, 5 May 2013

Of Peace, Quiet and Monsters

DSC03847 I've finished my degree!!!! It's a really lovely feeling to know I never have to write any essays again, but it's also a pretty sad and confusing time. It feels like the end of an era and now I don't know what to do in the next chapter of my life. I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with University and generally living in London, but I feel very underwhelmed and down at the moment while trying to decide whether to live in London next year or move back home for a bit (if I don't get onto the Post-Graduate course I've applied for anyway).

Anyway, on to more positive things. This dress is an Ebay bargain that I fell in love with on one of my many procrastination sessions (another dress that my ebay procrastinating generated will be appearing on this blog very soon too!) I won the auction while I was in the library and it took all of my strength not to squeal in delight! It's a vintage dress from the 1950s, and although it is a children's dress, I'm fairly child-sized anyway and I really like the fit of it.DSC03852 This hat is definitely going to be a summer staple for me. I'm terrible with having my face in the sun as I'm quite pale, so the wide brim is perfect. On a less practical side, the mustard yellow colour is absolutely amazing and I love the big bow on it!!! It cost me £4 from a charity shop in Peckham so it wasn't too pricey either. DSC03857DSC03863My brogues are my favourite pair from Clarks and the bag is a cute one I picked up for £3 from a charity shop in Wolverhampton yesterday. DSC03850 Anyway, I would love to know what everyone else's plans are for summer and maybe even further into the future than that, maybe you can inspire me with something to do with my life haha! Loads of love, 
 Jodi Pops 
x

15 comments:

  1. You are too damn cute! That dress is divine on you! I am jealous. Fear not, you are not alone. I've been out of university for a year now, and I still feel rather confused about what to do with this chapter of my life, too. At least we are all in it together. Here's hoping you get onto your course!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit-- the hat is absolutely lovely! Congratulations on graduating! I've got another year to go in university, but I have no idea what I want to do afterwards either :O

    PS- I love your blog and am following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't fret, I've been out of uni for 3 years and am still not settled. It takes time to find what you want sometimes

    http://gingerchestnut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dress is so cute! I can't believe it's a child's dress haha!

    Congratulations on finishing uni!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely outfit and you look soo cute! Congrats on finishing university! :)

    Kathy
    www.mypeachdays.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. you are as cute as a button! that dress is a darling and you are really lucky for being so petite and slim!

    congrats on finishing uni - i remember the massive relief when i finished my degree! hopefully you'll enjoy the post-uni life :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply loving this outfit! what a fantastic ebay find! teamed with the yellow hat is such a lovely touch. Finishing uni was such a mixed bag for me too! hurrah to not doing essays....and tears for not living with my best friends anymore!!

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are sooo cute! That dress and hat is so cute together!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a dream girl! <33

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look soo pretty <3 Super cute hat & dress!!!

    http://rakhshanda-chamberofbeauty.blogspot.in/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on finishing!
    That dress is cute on you.
    & it really does fit you nicely in a children's size! haha

    ReplyDelete
  12. This hat is absolute perfection. You are too cute!

    Xo, Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even tell you how much I LOVE your style! It's just amazing! Alex

    tobebeautifulingodseyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy shit, this outfit is SO perfect. I miss the days where I could wear kids dresses!

    ReplyDelete